Today I went to Bras Basah complex intending to buy some more English story books for ZY from my usual bookshop. I found this bookshop situated at the 4th floor last year and has since bought lots of cheap & nice books from there. I am such a regular customer of that shop till I've befriended the shop assistant there. She will call me when there are new arrivals and reserved the books for me :)
Anyway, while I'm browsing at the books and chatting with her, she told me that Shanghai Bookstore which is situated at the ground floor is having closing down sale. Hence, after paying for the 3 books that I've chosen, being the kiasu Singaporean that I am, I quickly went down to have a look. To my surprise, the bookstore really looks like its going to close down (unlike many gimmicks whereby the so call closing down sale goes on & on for months...). There are many books lying everywhere, and many people are inside concentrating of finding good buys.
I've long wanted to buy some Chinese books for ZY, but I really don't know what to buy and which types of books are suitable for her age group. Out of all the books that I've bought for her so far, none of them are in Chinese language. I am hoping to get some Chinese books for her so that I can teach her the wonderful language...ok ok, that's all my excuses..I just can't let a good bargain passes by, can I?? 90% OFF leh..
So after looking high and low, left and right, I managed to grab all these books for ZY. 20 books for only $21!!!!!! Wow, this is what I mean a super duper bargain!!!! :D Hee hee, please pardon me for being so kiasu, grabbing 20 books at a go, but this is really good buy, I've never in my life seen a 90% discount on anything. Never!
All these Chinese books for ONLY $21 :D
(Though some of the books are still way too early to introduce to ZY now, I can always keep them for future!)
I've bought these 3 books @ The Children Bookstore (4th floor)I bought the ladybird's playhouse books because ZY will be going to playgroup next year and I want to show her the things she can do in school. I bought the Valentine's Day book because the illustrations inside are so beautiful :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
wow that is a real good bargain!!!! Great buys!!
yes, I sms Angie about it, don't know if she went there.. maybe we can exchange hp no. too, can sms each other if got great deals :)
hi shana,
thanks for the sms. i forgot to reply as it was a busy moment for me when i received your text.
no.. i didnt go. maybe tomorrow?
no prob Angie, but u better call them b4 u go because I heard that Sunday is their last day..dunno extented or not.
I will be in trouble if ZY ask me to read these chinese books to her... but it would be a great chance for me to practice reading in chinese too, i guess!
hahaha, same here, its a good chance for me to learn & pronounce the words correctly!
Post a Comment