I never like crowded places especially during Christmas Eve. Hence, instead of going to restaurant and paying exorbitant prices for our dinner, I decided to cook today. Plus the cool rainy weather, what's nicer than a warm home cooked food eaten in front of the TV right?:)
I have been a fan of Jamie Oliver and has bought quite a no. of his recipe books. I like to browse through his books and marvel at the delicious looking pictures. Most of his recipes are no fuss, simple to follow.
For tonight, I decided to cook his "Crispy & Sticky Chicken Thighs with squashed new Potatoes & Tomatoes". This is a simple tray-baked dish as everything cooks in one tray, hence less wash up later :D
Anyway, for those who is interested, the recipe is as follows:
Serves 4
800g new potatoes
sea salt & freshly ground pepper
12 boned chicken thighs, skinned on
olive oil
600g cherry tomatoes (I only managed to get yellow cherry tomatoes, red will be better for colour contrast)
a bunch of fresh oregano leaves (I've used dried oregano flakes)
extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar (I've used sushi rice vinegar)
(Method)
-Cooked potatoes in salted boiling water till cooked
-preheat oven 200 degree
-cut thigh into 3 strips, rub salt, pepper & olive oil all over meat
-heat large frying pan and put chicken into the pan, skin side down. Toss and fry for 10 mins until almost cooked. Remove fr pan.
- Peeled tomatoes (optional).
-Mix olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper, oregano and red wine vinegar in a bowl
-Add meat, potatoes and tomatoes and toss together with mixture above.
-Put in roasting tray and bake for 40 mins till golden brown.
Here is a picture of our dinner tonight. I served it with salad and some chardonnay. MW cleans up his plates in minutes! Yummy :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yummy! Must make for me when i go over next time. I wan a salad to go with it too! (drooling...)
Post a Comment