Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Butterfly & Shapes

ZY painted these two paintings by using the sponging & spraying method.

I saw some gift tags in my drawer with shapes like star, circle & square. So I pasted them temporary on the drawing paper and gave ZY a sponge to tap poster paint over them. I later took out the tags to show her the shapes that she had "painted", much to her surprise :)
 
Posted by Picasa


ZY "brushed" a toothbrush against the comb to cause a spraying effect. First, I've covered the butterfly to let her sprayed blue paint on the paper to make the sky, then I covered the sky to let her paint the butterfly. The painting has a "dreamy" effect on it, doesn't it?
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZY looks really skilled and good with her painting tools! I am very proud of her, i must say!

wolfgirl said...

I love that 'spraying' method. I usedd to do that in pri and sec sch.

I tried with RR once... she nearly went to comb her hair!!!! then it was a match of snatching from each other... unlike ZhiYu--can understand instructions..

Really pretty butterfly... can use that on greeting cards...

Shana said...

hahaha, as for ZY she not only spray onto the paper, she sprayed the paints onto her face too! :)

wolfgirl said...

Happy New Year! Goodness of everything will come to your home!

Joyce Long said...

Wow..lovely artwork..spraying is really fun..reminds me when I did it during childhood days.

Angie said...

i hv yet to let Jaimie do serious art work at home.... my wall paper is too precious!!!!!!!

Ahhhh!!! I am a bad mommy!!