ZY has got the "cutting craze" recently. She enjoys using the small scissor that I've bought for her at Daiso. Before allowing her to use the scissor, I've set a few rules for her to follow. First, she may only use the scissor when mommy is around, Second, she has to ask mommy for paper to cut, Third, scissor is for cutting, she cannot play with it.
I read a book in the library which gives parents tip on how to teach a child to hold a scissor, it has also a few cutting exercises listed in it. One of it is to cut a long strip and draw vertical lines on it. Ask the child to cut along the line hence making little square.
ZY has done well on this and hence making a pile of little squares in the process. Not wanting to throw away ZY's hardwork, I decided to let ZY paste these little squares onto a pre-drawn rectangle shape. With a little decoration, it ended as a christmas present that ZY has made (mostly) by herself :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
wow...that is very environmentally friendly--making use of old magazines.. and the 'gift' is so pretty!!!
Hee hee, tks Auntie Angela :)
ZY
that's great!! jaimie hasnt developed interest in scissors yet.
I jus found my latest xmas desktop wallpaper! (i am going to use ZY's artwork as my desktop wallpaper)
Thanks ZY! well done!
Nice art work and very well disclipine in using scissors..well done!!!
Post a Comment