I'm ashamed to say that being a 'true-breed' Hakka (both my parents are Hakkas), I'm just too lazy to really handmade Yong Tau Foo at home like what my mum does. The tedious process of mincing the onion, toasting the dried fish, mixing them with fish paste and minced pork, and then putting the mixture individually into tau kwa, tau pok, brinjal, fresh chilies, bitter gourd (that has been washed and pre-cut with silt) are just too much for me. And it does not end here as the traditional Hakka Yong Tau Foo needed to be fried with oil and then served with a sauce that is made with garlic, onion and oyster sauce!
Yes, my mum has to go through all these just to serve us this yummlicious dish. It takes her like half a day just to prepare the items and then another hour or so to fry them up!!
Anyway, its just too time consuming and economically unwise to prepare the traditional Hakka Yong Tau Foo for just the 3 of us. (excuses, excuses, excuses..)^^
So, I've cook up this easy-way-out concoction whereby it's super easy to make, yet it is still full of nutrients as I've put in lots of 'good stuffs' into making the soup!
How do I know it's delicious?
MW will always try his best to come home earlier than usual if I'm making Yong Tau Foo that night! As the saying goes, "要抓住男人的心,就要抓住他的胃"!
4 comments:
wah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ looks so super yummy!!!! i will be home early for a nice yong tao foo dinner too!!!!!!!!!
yes.. yummy....very nutritious and light too.
it sure looks yummy!! I love yong tao foo!! wow your mum really do everything from raw materials!! WOW!!
Tasty...delicious leh.
Post a Comment