ZY has quite a number of Eric Carle's books. I love his books simply because its easy to read, repetition of words and also the illustrations. They are always very colourful and hence very captivating.
Today, ZY and I tried to "replicate" one of the illustration in Eric Carle's book "Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me." We've make used of the okra (again) that was left in my fridge for the stars and used the sponge to paint the dark evening sky.
I'm not sure where ZY learnt it from, but this little girl will use both her hands to hold the paint brush when she is painting the corners. Guess she has found out that she can have better control of the paint brush if she holds it with both hands :D
95% of the painting is done by ZY as I've helped her to outline the moon and draw the face of the moon. I've wanted to use the light yellow for the moon, but ZY highlighted to me that the moon in this book is greyish in colour and she insisted that I followed.
So here it is, our "masterpiece" :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is very beautiful art piece. Cherrlyn loves Eric Carle's..especially the rooster off to see the world..The colours in his books are very vivid..vibrant..
Oh Yes!! If ZY is able to use either both her right and left hands..do encourage..it helps in left and right brain stimulation..not like my times...when my parents insist to use right hand.
NICE! I have nver read any of Eric Carle's bk but i am sure they must be magical judging from ZY's painting! Well done ZY!
Awwww.... you all are so talented!!
ya..... it really looks very good!!!!!
Look carefully and you can even see mountain ridges in teh distance (horizon).
Must copy your ideas.. cannot keep drawing huge animals.. time to do advance level scenery painting!
LOL Angela, got mountain ridges meh??
My hubby also says he saw something similar to mountains in the distance, guess the two of u know how to appreciate Art :D
Post a Comment