Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Racial Harmony Day

Like all the schools in Singapore, ZY's kindergarten celebrated Racial Harmony Day in school today. Although they are requested to wear their own ethnic group traditional costumes, I've dressed ZY in a Vietnam's Ao dai, a long tunics with pants, bought by my mum on her last trip to Vietnam. Reason being, ZY has outgrown her Qipao and I wanted her to wear her Vietnam dress a few more times before it becomes too small for her.

ZY was very excited about this day and woke up immediately when I called her, unlike her usual dilly-dally. She was very cooperative and was out of the house earlier than usual!


I've asked ZY's teacher, Mrs Sim to help me take some photos of the celebration in class. All the pretty princesses and handsome princes in Chinese Qipao, Nonya Kebaya, Japan Kimono and not forgetting, Vietnam's Ao dai!
ZY with her classmates, Megan Tan and Elkan Sim. (ZY's teacher, Mrs Goh is in the background, wearing Malay's Baju Kurung)

3 comments:

Angie said...

so adorable!!

Jocelyn said...

Guess most kids looks forward to yday celebration. My mum told me Elvina auto woke up by herself at 8am and got all ready to leave the house within 10mins. Far far different from normal days whereby she will take her own sweet time until 9am then leave the house.

viv said...

Zy looks very tall among her friends... She looks so happy!