ZY has always been a teary eye girl just like her daddy when he was young.
Whenever ZY sees someone crying on a TV show, she will ask me why is that person crying with watery eyes herself.
Yesterday, when I read the "Matchstick Girl" story book to ZY, she surprised me by crying out really loudly. When I asked her why was she crying, she told me that the little girl was very pitiful. I've to console her by telling her that it was just a story and hence not real. Moreover, the little girl in the story is now with her grandmother, who loved her very much.
This is the first time that ZY had cried not because of any physical pain or just throwing tantrum. She is now aware of the feelings of others and is able to feel their pain. I hope that ZY will grow up to be compassionate towards others and help those who are less fortunate than us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wah! new age sensitive type! Ha ha ha
Yah, i have seen ZY with watery eyes while watching drama series...(why is she watching them at the first place??)
you shd let her watch the disney version... i think i blogged about it b4 long time ago. i had to fight back my tears as i narrate the movie clip to Jaimie.
Post a Comment