Sunday, February 8, 2009

ZhiYu's Birthday Celebration

We celebrated ZY's three years old birthday today. Her actual birthday is on the 10th of February, but we have a mini party for her. We invited our family and some of my close friends to join in the fun :)

ZY as you know loves to sing birthday song and cut cakes, so she was extremely excited to be finally able to have a real party and cut her own birthday cake. I've ordered her cake from a neighbourhood bakery near my mum place as ZY has specifically requested to have an Sesame Street cake. I do not like the cake from Polar, who also has Sesame Street cake, as the picture is on a thin crepe and not directly drawn on the cake. I've given the design to the cake shop and it came out quite nice :) What's more the cake comes with Sesame Street figurines which ZY will be able to play with after the party!
 
Posted by Picasa


The kids are enjoying themselves with the sparkles after lunch. My mum has made this dress for ZY especially for her birthday and it looks so good on her.
 
Posted by Picasa


ZY who has lots of practices, has no problem blowing the candles and cutting the cake. My friend even jokes that ZY has a SOP (standard Operation Procedure) and do not need any help or prompting on what to do :D
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


As for her actual birthday on Tuesday, we intend to bring her out on a shopping spree to buy her a present. Of course, the present must be approved by me lah :D

5 comments:

wolfgirl said...

That is a beautiful cake.. and it is huge!

I will wish Zhiyu a Happy Happy birthday first!

May you be blessed with great health and tonnes of happiness!

BTW, where did you buy the figurines? So Pretty!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

i love the cake!!!!!!!!! so pretty!!!!!!! and most importantly, it is not filled with colourings!

happy birthday!!

Shana said...

Yes yes, I also hated the colouring in most of the kids cake nowaday. So esp given them the design to follow so as to reduce on the colouring used :)

Angela, the figurines are provided by the bakery, I saw it in their mini cakes, thats why I ordered from them. It's nice, not too sweet too!

It's reasonably priced too at S$30/kg.

Btw, tks for the bday wishes hor :D

Anonymous said...

Wah Zhiyu hair is very messy when she cut the cake

viv said...

Blessed birthday ZY.... May God watch over your every area of development...